I am a new artist who recently started playing around with beeswax. I have a few questions:
1) Do I have to use Damar Resin? What is it's actual purpose?
2) what temperature do you leave your electric griddle set to? I've been putting wax into tuna cans on an electric griddle (skillet without the sides) but I find I have to put it at higher than 180 for the wax to stay liquid
3) For the crock pot, will it overheat on low with/without the lid?
4) what temperature do you use your heat gun at?
5) What kind of thermometer do you use for in the wax and to measure the surface temperature of the griddle?
6) How many people make their own colors with oil paint vs buy ready-made pucks/sticks?
Thanks all that I can think of for now :)
Thank you in advance.